One way to spice up the look of your property is to add some decorative concrete. It is an inexpensive and durable means of enhancing the aesthetic appeal of your home and all that immediately surrounds it. Adding decorative concrete to your Edina (or areas nearby) home with fanciful designs will add to the eye-pops that occur from those who pass by your house.
Decorative concrete is perfect for all of your outdoor areas in leading to decks and patios. Below, we offer just a few of the many reasons why adding decorative concrete can be a source of joy at house:
- Maintenance: A great reason to go with decorative concrete is its durability and low maintenance. A wooden deck will last roughly 15 years, with the proper care which includes annual waterproofing and supporting structure checks to ensure stability. Another common problem with the wooden deck is that it attracts insects like ants, bees and termites. If you were to opt for a decorative concrete deck, all you need is to perform water sealing application every couple of years. Otherwise, routine clean-up will keep your decorative concrete looking great!
- Price: Concrete, being cheap as compared to other building materials, will last for multiple generations with only simple routine care. If you are pondering the addition of a new deck, walkway, or porch, consider decorative concrete.
- Stability: Concrete is can handle a lot of weight (think a hot tub). Wooden decks will splinter and get hot. Decorative concrete patios will stay cool and will not burn your bare feet. Another great thing about decorative concrete is that it does not get slippery when wet.
- Versatility: Concrete is a very malleable, thus it is ideal for stamping decorative designs. Its malleability also means that it can be used in many ways around the home. Stamped decorative concrete can be used for decks, driveways, patios, porches and sidewalks. Designs stamped into concrete will improve the look of your house and add your own sense of style. From short walkways to large pool decks and patios, stamped decorative concrete can reflect your own personal taste that runs through how you decorate your own home.
- Heat: Decorative concrete does get hot, being exposed to the sun all day. Just how hot depends on the colors involved. You do not have to worry about burning your feet though. Just another bonus of the aesthetic wonderment that will be adding decorative concrete to your home.